Classic Meatloaf Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 1/2 cups crushed saltine crackers
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- In a medium bowl, mix together ground beef, crushed crackers, onion, eggs, 3/4 cup ketchup, and 1/4 cup brown sugar until well blended.
- Press into a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until cooked through.
- While the loaf bakes, mix together the remaining 1 cup ketchup, vinegar, salt, mustard and 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- Spread over the top of the meat loaf for the last 15 minutes of baking.