Ranger Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a couple of baking sheets, or line them with parchment.
- Beat together the shortening, sugars, vanilla, and salt until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat until smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the shortening mixture and beat until well blended.
- Stir in the oats, coconut, chips, nuts and cereal, mixing just until blended.
- Drop the dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, or until they're golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, and cool right on the pan, or on a rack.
- Store completely cooled cookies, well wrapped, at room temperature for up to a week; freeze for longer storage.