Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
- 4 slices bacon, 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch cubes (approx 4 cups)
- 2 cups kale leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 eggs
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Heat a large pan on medium heat. Add the bacon and saute until crispy. Remove the bacon to a paper towel to drain.
- Add the onion and bell pepper to the pan and saute for one minute. Add the chopped sweet potato and spices to the pan. Cook the sweet potato for 10-12 minutes, stirring often.
- Place a lid on the pan for the last 5 minutes until fork tender. Add the bacon back into the pan along with the kale and stir for an additional 1-2 minutes or until the kale is wilted.
- Use a spatula to create 4 wells in the hash. Crack an egg into each well and cook until the eggs are done to your liking. You can add a lid to the pan to cook the eggs through faster.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with sliced green onion, avocado (optional). Serve immediately.